Well, Ava has taken up residence in a gorgeous pen at the Humane Society Arms. As of this morning at 10:00, she has been de-Wrobeled. Did I cry, you wonder? Yes, I did.
I cried even though there are 83 million pee stains on my carpet. I cried even though, in the four months she lived with us, we spent more money on her than we have on our daughter. I cried even though I don't have to hear the sound of incessant squeaking from her fuzzy toy anymore. Yes, I cried. The Humane Society lady handed me a Kleenex.
I sincerely hope that Ava finds a new home. If she can just be as deceivingly charming as she was with us when wide-eyed pet seekers come strolling down the shelter halls, if she can catch their eye with her own big, glassy ones and mesmerize them into thinking that she is the ideal addition to their family, she will have it made.
At least until the first "accident."
Good luck, pooch. You'll need it.
Summer Sheets
-
Coinciding with the Summer Equinox and the arrival of high temperatures, I
switched to my summer sheets today. Gathering the heavy flannel sheets for
the ...
13 years ago

1 comment:
I am so sorry that this was so hard for you! Jay had a puppy that he once had to give back. It was one of the hardest things he ever had to do. Jay's family was going through some tough times and no one was home to train the little guy. The timing was just wrong for them. Then they got Belle who has been in their lives for over 14 years.
Post a Comment