Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bebe and a Certain Hungarian Classmate


My completely sane and very intelligent sister swears on a stack of Bibles that her dog Bebe, a somewhat friendly Lhasa Apso or Shih-tzu, I can never remember which, that will bite your nose if you get too close, says the words "yum yum" plain as day when her daughter Briana kisses him in a certain way. The way is this: Briana kisses and kisses his face, making him growl. Evidently no one is threatened by this growl, as no one ever tries to stop Briana, and she keeps right on doing it. What is supposed to happen is that he growls and growls until finally, "yum yum" comes out, clear as a bell.

Bebe also has a lot of outfits, including a bathrobe. He may have a bathing suit, too, I'm not sure.

I have never heard him say "yum yum," although they have tried to make this happen for me on more than one occasion. The last time I was in town Briana tried mightily, still her heroic efforts went unrequited.

It's not that I don't fully believe that Bebe says "yum yum," I just don't believe it a little. And who could blame me? This is a dog who has become somewhat of a son to my sister, so why wouldn't she think he can talk? Then there's the idea that if you put enough monkeys in front of enough typewriters for enough time, one of them is bound to eventually type a complete Shakespeare manuscript.

Having said this, here's a note to Pam, lest she get a bit perturbed with me for not fully marrying myself to this idea: Erhan Immomoglu. 'Nough said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! The best blog yet! For your information Madeleine heard Bebe say "yum yum."

Could have been - there was a Mommaglu in your class but FOR SURE Bebe talks. He is a Lhasa Apso, and yes, he does own swim trunks and a matching hat.

Dave said...

Jake and Coco both say things "by accident" when they yawn. Must be the combination of air escaping and the stretched-out throat from Grand-Canyon open mouths. I even did a post on the time Jake said "Amaranth".

Alisa said...

Sure, amaranth I can see, but yum yum? No way!!!

Really Pam, I believe you. I just think it's so funny and totally blogworthy, a dog you kiss into saying yum yum for everyone except your sister!