
Have you ever felt like you have been trampled by a pack of extra big mountain goats, then a half ton of bricks was dropped on your legs, then someone very mean and very strong took all of your limbs and stretched them to their limits, then your whole body was stripped of life-giving nutrients and dehydrated, then you were forced to polish all of the marble of the Taj Mahal using only a toothbrush?
No?
Well, then let me tell you what it's like. I know because that's how I feel after David and I rode our bikes to downtown Naperville and back today. Oh sure, the ride there was great - we went fast and furious, the breeze in our faces obliterating the heat. We parked and locked up and walked around the city, stopped for Mojito lemonades, walked some more. By this time I was feeling a little uncertain about the ride home, wondering if I was actually going to make it there, but, hey, I'm in decent shape, so why worry? It was about the last 1/2 mile when I truly began to worry about being able to make it up the stairs to the house after getting my bike in the garage. I knew I had to do that much, put the bike in the garage, but there were no guarantees about where I might be spending the night after that, the front lawn, maybe the concrete, snuggled up next to the car.
But I made it and as soon as I opened my book I was awakened by the phone (Maddie is ready to come home now). I didn't even know I was going to fall asleep.
I'm still sore, but I will not give in. Lance Armstrong, you think you're all that? Ha!

1 comment:
I do know what that's like actually...I did a two day bike tour once across western Michigan. Kicked my butt and I haven't thought much about it since I'll have to blog it...
Post a Comment