
Today I get my license renewed. It has been quite a while, as four years ago Jesse White sent me a notice saying that I could just renew by attaching a little sticker to the back. But this time they want a new picture. And thank goodness.
My last license picture from eight years ago looks like the mug shot of a woman hauled in in the middle of the night after a night of raucaus cat-torturing. Maybe worse.
I was really mad that day. I don't remember why, but I do know that I walked into the DMV pissed. Well, who doesn't walk into the DMV pissed, but there was some other reason, too. And it came out in my picture. Last renewal period I begged them for a new photo, but they refused, said there was no reason for it. But, ah, there was a reason for it. It was pure evil, that's no reason?
So, today, I primp and I preen as I get ready for the new photo. I am trying to decide, should I wear happy magenta, calming green, or sultry black? Hair parted to the right or more in the middle? Glossy lips or matte? Regardless, I will not let the Department of Motor Vehicles get the best of me again. The next four, eight years, however long they decide to torture people with bad pictures will not affect me at all.
It wouldn't be such a big deal if you didn't have to show your license to everyone to prove who you are. I'm surprised anyone ever believed that it was me. Uh oh...do I really look that bad? No, don't go there.

6 comments:
Sorry to tell you this but the camera only takes what it sees. You're beautiful and your picture will prove it. You're "PHAT."
They say you should never smile, because you'll never be smiling when the officer is comparing it to you.
You know.......they will always take a new picture if you lose your driver's license. Didn't you lose your last one (wink, wink) a week after it turned up in the mail?
Phat, huh? Thanks!
Dennis, I truthfully never thought of that. Darn!
Post a Comment