Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Little Hustler


I just got a call from Madeleine whose last day of basketball camp was today. She sounded so excited when she said hello. "Guess what Mommy?!" she asked. "I won an award today! It's my first trophy!"


My heart soared. She could have won an award for having the least stinky feet at the camp and I wouldn't have cared - she was so purely thrilled. Turns out, the award is for something much more than non-stinky feet - she won the "Best Hustler" award. Out of the probably 200 or more girls at the camp, only three were chosen for the honor. Best Hustler means she was fast, she kept trying really hard to succeed, and her coach saw something in her that said, "Nominate this girl!"


I am so very proud of my little hustler!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Congrats, Madeleine, you rule!