Today I made a reservation for Ava at the Naperville Humane Society. Within the last two days, Ava has peed/pooed in our house five or six times. These last times bring the total of household eliminations to 23,49,756,989,578,906,750,987. In dollars, that's also the amount of money we've spent on her, including professional carpet cleaning and the high-end pet stain and odor remover that we are going through like water.
The girl just doesn't learn.
I am very sorry that it has come to this. The nice, understanding lady at the Humane Society said that they will have an opening for a small dog next week. We can wait until then. Meanwhile, I am sad. Ava is a nice dog who really means well, I know she does. But, this is a matter of salvaging what is left of our entire upstairs floor of carpeting, not to mention the basement family room and the new rug in the living room. Dog vs. carpet. I feel mean just thinking about it.
Summer Sheets
-
Coinciding with the Summer Equinox and the arrival of high temperatures, I
switched to my summer sheets today. Gathering the heavy flannel sheets for
the ...
13 years ago

3 comments:
Cal me daft, does this mean you're trading you dog in for another model?
Totally understand. It was hard enough dealing with this with an elderly dog. Be at peace with your decision.
Bye, Ava. I knew you...not.
Post a Comment