
My friend Carla and I saw "Sex and the City" this afternoon. It is a guilty pleasure for me to watch those four live it up in their $600 shoes, passing the time together eating fab food in great New York restaurants, and having sex whenever they dang well feel like it. I was so inspired by Kim Cattrall's jewels that when we stopped at the store afterward I was propelled into buying two big, beaded bracelets, so unlike anything my conservative self usually wears, that I'm afraid I, too, may grow a sexy mole at the corner of my mouth.
The dialogue was trite and pathetic, but I hardly noticed. I was busily picturing myself moving into a penthouse I could scarcely afford, David knocking down walls to build a closet the size of my current living room, and filling it with Lanvins, Blahniks, and my complimentary Vivienne Westwood wedding gown.
This movie is pure fantasy, a woman's "Iron Man."

2 comments:
I liked the movie too. I'm really glad we don't have any facial defects because it seems like 2 out of 4 women have those moles on thier faces. Ya think that instead of buying just one pair of $400 shoes they would GET THOSE MOLES OFF...That's all I notice when I look at Sarah Jessica Parker. I wonder if Big ever kissed it BLEECH!
I loved it too. I have watched and watched again the complete series-not on TBS. I am a blended version of all 4 of them. The actual movie was trite but I sure did love it.
Post a Comment