
Sleep eludes me this morning. In these wee hours, thoughts seem to come in gentle but persistent droves, not generally unwelcome thoughts, but those I could use to be at rest at least until the sun rises and I don't need the sleep anymore. I begin a memoir writing class this morning at 9:00 and I want to be awake enough to absorb whatever pearls of brilliance the teacher is going to impart. But, still I think and think and think...
Here's what I think:
- I need to finish my last math test before I am freed from the bonds of numerical hell...
- Ava is snoring, and although she is deep in innocent doggie slumber, I can't help but think that it is one more way for her to get on my nerves (but in a cute way)...
- I worry about the bill from the oral surgeon, which is gigantic and not nearly done accumulating, and I wonder if money really ever does just drop from the sky...
- I think about two childhood friends who I am going to visit in Detroit next month. I feel extra nostalgic lately, which is a direct result of getting back in touch with them and having a great time e-reminiscing...
- I wonder about the future of David's job and where we are going to end up. Detroit? Maybe, maybe not. All depends on the powers that be, who can be as slow as molasses.
- I worry about looking like an idiot, when I call tomorrow to cancel an appointment for Monday, which I already had to call about once because I forgot when it was, because of something ELSE that I forgot about that is going on at the same time. It's a good thing I got my fancy-ass phone with the keyboard on it so I could keep track of my appointments...
Good night.

1 comment:
1) Numerical hell? That's what the beauty of mathematics is reduced to? You just need a good tutor!
2) When our dogs start snoring we wake them immediately. It really bugs them, but we get sleep :)
3) Only when that guy robbed the airliner and ditched the money bag out the window.
4) Wow! You have two OTHER childhood friends in Detroit? Who are they?
5) Maybe?
6) I do that stuff all the time. If you look like an idiot, at least you are in good company. :)
Post a Comment