Thursday, November 20, 2008

Welcome!

This is Brooke, a new addition to the universe. She arrived at 5:01 p.m. yesterday and now the world is that much cuter.

She belongs to my friends Dave and Heather. I've known Dave since time began - we grew up on the same block. We recently got back in touch after many years and I have been thinking about how our lives, the lives of everyone I know, have changed.

Graduations, jobs, marriage, children, new jobs, more children, new houses. Different thinking and understanding, new talents and skills acquired, old ones left by the wayside. We've gained people, we've lost people.

The birth of a baby is such a great event that I have been thinking about Dave and Heather all the time. I am so happy for them and their little blessing, can't wait to meet her and see them.

God bless you, Wilds. May your family experience a lifetime of joy.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Thanks Alisa! We can't wait for you to meet little Brooke too!

Heatherbaby said...

Thanks Alisa! This is a beautiful post =) We are looking very forward to seeing you and introducing you to our tiny cutie!