Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Pain of Painful Pain


Something has happened to David's shoulder that is causing him untold amounts of misery. It started yesterday morning when he said that it felt like someone had punched him. By the middle of last night he was in agony, even amid an onslaught of Aleve, Flexeral and Ibuprofen.

I have called the doctor and the nurse said that she will call us back as soon as the doctor gets in to tell us whether she wants to see him or if we should go to the ER.

He's finally sleeping this morning (the Flexeral knocks you out.) The nurse, once she heard that David took a pilates class last Saturday, thinks it may be tendinitis. I never knew tendinitis could be this painful, but she says it's awful.

Please say a prayer for David. I've never seen him like this and my heart is breaking.

3 comments:

Pamela Larkin said...

David is in my prayers. I hope he's feeling better soon and it's nothing serious.

wildmary said...

I know from experience that tendonitis can be extremely painful. Whether that's it or not I hope David can find relief from his pain and pray that the recovery is quick.

Dave said...

I hope you get better fast Dave. Pain sucks.