
Whew. I have accomplished so very much this school quarter that I must tell you about it.
I took two very big classes this term, an externship (the reason I got to volunteer at the animal shelter) and an advanced elective which explored our genetic-environmental relationship, tackling such subjects as phenotype (what happens when our genes meet our environment) and the nature of human beings. Interestingly, these two classes intersected at times, especially when I read about the nature of animals and the nature of humans as relates to animals and the nature of humans as relates to ourselves.
All in all, I feel very satisfied and happy. I am well on my way to finally, FINALLY, walking across that ever-elusive stage to grab that rolled-up piece of paper. My mother used to say about a diploma, "That and 50-cents will get you a cup of coffee." (That was way before Starbuck's.) I know she meant that a diploma by itself will get you nowhere if you don't get out and make something of yourself, but do you know what? I beg to differ. Though a college degree has been on my to-do list for 26 years, I have actually already made something of myself without it. The piece of paper will just show me that yes, I could accomplish my goal.

2 comments:
You go girl!
That is an amazing accomplishment! Even more so when you have a family and home in your priorities, too. Way to go!
Post a Comment