Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sad News

Michael Crichton died. I didn't even know he was sick.

He was a physician, author, movie and television producer, and film director. He was a husband (five different times, actually) and a father. He wrote some really great stuff, including Jurassic Park and my favorite, Next, a romp in the world of genetic messing-around. He was prolific, the man was, and cute, too. He created ER, accomplished great height - he was 6'9" - and had a dinosaur named after him (chrichtonsauruas bohlini) - how many people can say that?
I have not come close to reading all of his books, but I learned from him so I feel a loss. With someone like him, you just know there was more to come.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Actually, I too have a dinosaur named after me. Davisaurus Royal Oaktipus was a fleet-footed carnivore of the upper Cretaceous.

I was sad to hear about old MC too. I remember watching the movie "Andromeda Strain" way back in the day, and Jurassic Park is a favorite book of mine.

Anonymous said...

Sad news. Sorry to hear about it.

Carol Weiss said...

I too didn't even know that he was sick. Nice obit you wrote for him.

wildmary said...

This is truly a loss. He must have been quite young. Tall, cute, talented. If I had met him maybe he would have been married six times.