
The summer I was eight years old, I turned briefly into a sort of roller skating Merlin. I didn't do any magic, but I dressed the part. I don't know why, but I remember thinking that anyone who drove by would be intrigued by my unusual looks and talent.
I started by putting on my metal roller skates, the ones that go over your shoes. Mine were rickety and probably rusty; they made squeaking noises and every piece of loose sidewalk I hit made a huge impact. I wore various shorts and t-shirts, but always added a cape that my mom had sewn for me. It had a black and white pattern on the outside and a bright red lining. It flapped behind me in the breeze as I jetted around my house, up and down the walks. My baton accessorized my getup. Because it had rubber tips, I used it as a cane/brakes. I did this every morning for a few weeks, very early, before anyone in my house woke up.
Then one day, my mom caught me. She said I looked ridiculous and to stop that! So I did.
My wizard career was over.

1 comment:
I never knew that! The liked the title of this post. You're funny.
Post a Comment