I am fully and firmly addicted to "Mad Men." I enjoy that show in every possible way, from its ultra-cool costumes and sets to its cool segues into commercial breaks. The theme music makes my head spin with joy and I hang on every word the actors utter. It's my thing - David got me started on it, but he's since bailed. That's okay, this way I can take in every millisecond of the show with no distractions.Mad Men is about the people who work at Sterling Cooper, a Madison Avenue ad agency of the early 60s. What a fine era. No one is without a cigarette or drink for more than five minutes (Don Draper's little kids actually know how to mix drinks for their parents and their guests), the ad men get to call the office "girls" honey and sweetheart and barely stop short of patting them on the behinds, they called a gay guy a "homo" and said that they know they are out there but don't necessarily want to work with them. The women are not all skinny minis - in fact the office manager is a buxom redheaded siren who even I would consider dating! They wear smart dresses and use typewriters and answer the phone for their bosses and call them "Mr. So-and-So."
So you all know where you can find me on any given Sunday evening, smack dab in front of my TV, eyes glued to Mad Men.
You know where you can find me, but don't you dare call.

No comments:
Post a Comment