
Remember when grownups knew absolutely everything? I have vivid memories of being totally astonished at the amount of information my parents possessed. I couldn't stump those people!
Once I had a math problem which asked, "Which is heavier, a pound of iron or a pound of feathers?" I couldn't understand why they would ask such a dumb question - everyone knows a pound of iron is heavier than a pound of mere feathers! I took the book into the kitchen where my mother was standing at the sink, washing dishes. She knew the answer right away, without even taking the time to think about it.
I didn't get it. For a long time, I didn't get it. She explained it to me over and over.
Finally, I got it and it made perfect sense. But I still had so much to learn. The world was going to throw these kinds of trick questions at me all the time - how was I ever to be prepared?
Madeleine has asked me so many questions. And I have so many answers. This is really cool. And I totally have her snowed! She thinks I know everything! Ha! Give her about one more year and then she'll come to the disappointing conclusion that I know absolutely nothing.
It's fun while it lasts.

2 comments:
You know what else is fun? One of the biggest thrills a child will ever experience is the realization they know something mom and dad don't know. So when the time comes, just sit back and learn!
You do know everything. I appreciate your knowledge and the fact that anytime I have a question you ALWAYS have the answer. Thanks big sis!
Post a Comment