
Well, blog buddies, put away the caramel apples. My new temporary crown is here, but it seems to be hanging by the skin of its tennis shoes. It's very fragile and, let's be frank, it ain't too cute, either. I am stuck with it until February. My dentist is so conservative and very much a perfectionist. Me, I'm ready to just throw in the dental towel and say to hell with it, who cares anymore? Just give me my dang permanent crowns and let me get on with my life!
The temp is much more opaque than my other teeth and shorter, too, because it can't have any bite contact. Maybe I was better off with the stupid plastic thingy I hated so much.
Why, oh why, did I have to fall off that bike 35 years ago? This is all my sister's fault. If she wasn't four years younger than me and had her little red tricycle out that day for me to get on and ride like a big fool, none of this would have happened.
But I forgive you, Pammy.
It was only later, when she led me blindfolded into a wall and knocked out one of my many crowns did I begin to think she had something against me. Now I watch her like a hawk.
Good night. I'm loopy from Novocaine or tooth ugliness or something. See you tomorrow.

5 comments:
Alisa,
I keep looking at the picture over and over, and it doesn't look THAT bad. I think if you just velcro the inside of your lower lip and stretch it up over your upper and attach it to the bottom of your nose, nobody will even notice it.
Dave, I always knew I could count on you to build up my self-esteem. Thanks for your suggestion. Now go away. :-)
You should have sued me when I had the money. You're on your own now and DON'T EVER CALL ME PAMMY AGAIN! If you do I'll lead you into a wall.
It's probably too late to tell you this, but my dentist makes crowns on the spot. He made one for me and they're permanent. He has a computer program that builds a 3D model of the tooth from a camera image. He fills in the missing parts and the model is used to program a CNC cutter machine that cuts a crown from a procelain blank. It's awesome.
Check the trash for the little plastic tooth thingy! Maybe it's still there. I can hardly type as I'm still hee hawing about Dave's comment. Velcro? Typical man. Hows abouts some duct tape to go with that??
Post a Comment