Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hmmm...

In the spirit of Carol's latest musings, I thought I'd let you know what I'm pondering these days...

Why is it that cats can sleep away the entire day when it is light outside and you can get so much done, then stay up all night tumbling over each other and yelling, "YEOW!"?

What is it about snow that people think is so damn great? At its essence, snow is nothing but billions of teeny pieces of frozen water that eventually harden into a grey mass of slippery and compacted danger with the potential cause the frostbite of your extremities which will then be black and dead and amputated for the rest of your life.

Where in the world does a grown man of 49 get the idea that it's acceptable to refer to another guest at a party we were at as the "big, fat, overweight guy"?

I'm sure there's much more. I just can't think of it at the moment.

3 comments:

Dennis said...

Uh oh, someone on YOUR Christmas card list isn't getting a card from you this year.

Dave said...

Snow causes a reduction in friction that can make for some cool sports: skiing, sledding, etc. Also, it can be balled up and hurled into someone's face for a great gag. :)

Dennis, stay away from Alisa's parties.

wildmary said...

Alisa, you should really move up here where winter is a dreamlike wonderland where snow is just for fun and rush hour does not exist. I take that back; in the summer when there are lots of tourists my 5 minute commute becomes a boring 6 minutes. And one more thing. Don't invite Dennis to your parties.