Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Spied Upon

On the advice of my dentist, I went out and bought some denture cleaner. He said it's good to use on the splint I wear in my mouth to keep it clean, better than brushing it. So I stopped at Walgreen's this morning on my way to work, sneaked down the dental aisle, and surreptitiously placed my intended purchase on the counter amid a couple of boxes of Fiber One bars (which, now that I think about it, probably didn't help my efforts to appear not old.)

When I got home this evening, I checked the pile of mail on the counter and lo and behold and shit! - there was a letter addressed to me from the Windmere Senior Housing Center. What the hell?! Computers and the USPS must have gotten so fast that they are able to track your purchase in the morning and have corresponding mail waiting for you that very night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was cute and made me laugh. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

aarp is listening

Dave said...

Ouch!