Jay, Carol and Ben stayed with us this past weekend and we had a great time! It was fun having them all to ourselves at our house and out and about the western suburbs. We played mini golf, ate homemade Greek food on the deck, went to see the Kane County Cougars lose, but play a fun game. The weather stayed beautiful and there was plenty of laughter and reminiscing.
I joke with Jay that all the years I had to put up with him as a child finally paid off when I got to meet his wife. Carol and I hit it off instantly - I feel as though I've known her forever. And having Jay around not only brings back wonderful memories, but makes me feel like I did "in the day" - appreciative of his very presence.
Maddie and Ben bonded over Bionicles and big, black, furry fake moustaches that they won at the arcade and wore out to lunch. And of course Jay has not lost the ability to rekindle his childlike sense of humor - he is able to make my daughter laugh just like he did me all those years ago.
May we have many more weekends just like that one!
Summer Sheets
-
Coinciding with the Summer Equinox and the arrival of high temperatures, I
switched to my summer sheets today. Gathering the heavy flannel sheets for
the ...
13 years ago

3 comments:
WOW, I came for 4 days and didn't even get a little mention. I'm jealous of Jay.
Being called a "Godsend" is being left out?! Read more closely, chickie!
let's do it again soon, cosmic sister.
Post a Comment