
I got to have a sick day yesterday. Got to have makes it sound like a privilege, and in a way, it was. Aside from the roaring sore throat and overwhelming exhaustion, I quite enjoyed my day of doing absolutely nothing but watching sitcoms and dozing in bed. I thought of reading, but the prospect of holding a book seemed too daunting and exhausting.
One energy-consuming thing I did do though, was to commit the murder of a wasp that invaded my space. It flitted from window to window in the bedroom and that, friends, is not conducive to relaxing on even a good day. After weighing my slim options, I decided to spray it with Formula 409. Within 30 seconds, it was a goner. In fact, it died so quickly, I may think twice before I decide to clean with it and spray that stuff into the same household air we humans breathe.
By evening, my energy returning, I managed to throw a pizza into the oven and, with David out on a business trip, shared that and some fun games of Skip-Bo with Maddie.
Oh, and lots of M & Ms, too.
My sick day was a good one, in all.

4 comments:
feel better, alisa!!!!!
Thank you, I'll try!
I hope you're better. I just read in the vegetarian cookbook NOT to make chicken soup but to play Skip-Bo and eat pizza. I'm glad it worked for you!
Hey there...hope you feel better!
Post a Comment