
Well. I would say, "Far be it for me to complain..." but we all know that'd be a big lie.
My mouth is just killing me. I thought the recovery from an implant would be rather easy, but evidently it is not, at least for me. And, as though this is about me in some way, tomorrow is my sister-in-law's wedding and I hope I can make it through without being too miserable.
Tomorrow, at the crack 'o dawn, Madeleine and I will leave for Detroit; David is already there on business. The wedding is at 5:00, and as selfish as this sounds, all I can think about is resting my aching jaws on the pillows of the "Heavenly Bed" we will have afterward when we sleep at the Westin, my very favorite hotel.
Some happy news is that I have been invited to join a writer's group. A woman from my last class is forming one and I am very excited to be a part of it. Hopefully it will get going soon, before my new school year begins next month. I am working on something that I have reached a roadblock on and I think some thoughtful feedback will be very helpful.
Yesterday I interviewed for a job share position with McDonald's that I am praying I will get. As a job share, it is part-time (with full benefits!!), two-and-a-half days per week. It is in U.S. Marketing, which would be such a cool department to work for. Please say a prayer for me, that this job is the one.
The crickets have been out in force lately. The sound of chirping crickets is one of the most comforting sounds I can think of. I've always thought that, ever since I was little. It intrigues me that they do what they do, rub their little legs together, to produce that sound. Why? To make beautiful music for us, a concert? I will be so sad to see summer go. The buzz of the cicadas (as long as I don't have to actually see them, I think their sound is wonderful), the songs of the birds, the roar of lawn mowers, all are some of my very favorite sounds and I miss them terribly in the winter when the lawn equipment is put away, the insects go into the ground, the birds are silent. But right now I am sitting at my desk in the light of my screen and a lamp, it is dark all around, and nothing but the click of my keys and the crickets makes a sound.
Good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment