Disclaimer: This post is not meant to poke fun at anyone. I can't help it - being the "wordie" that I am, I not only have uncontrollable scrutinizing hawkeyes when it comes to the written word, my ears are hawkish as well.
My co-worker just told me that the project she is briefing me on is very "laborsome" and "tedial." When she said tedial, I had to ask her what she said because I was sure I had misheard her. Then when she repeated it I realized I didn't mishear anything; there is just no such word. But I looked up laborsome on dictionary.com and, surprisingly, it is there, although it's not in Word's spellcheck or thesaurus (which kind of suck anyway). I don't claim to know every word in the English language, but in 44 years I've never once heard that one.
Anyway, I would love to hear from you all the "funny" words you've heard. I love this stuff!

3 comments:
Ask Jay about "Lackness" :)
Give your colleague a break. She went to the same grammar school as G.W. Bush. She's just trying to be lexical :)
Post a Comment