
A man reappeared at the entrance to the parking garage at Chicago Ave. and Washington. He is partially obscured by the bulk of his gigantic stash of belongings which are contained in several huge plastic bags, reminiscent of Santa's Christmas Eve sacks. The last couple of years he has posted a sign at his spot; the sign had so many words on it I could never take in the whole thing while walking by, and stopping to read it felt too rude and intrusive. But it had something to do with Naperville in some way being unfair to it's homeless. Today as Maddie and I pulled out of the parking lot across the street, slurping away on a Berry Berry Jamba Juice, I noticed the sign was missing, but he has something new: a laptop computer.
Where does one who lives on a sidewalk plug in a laptop? Could the parking garage have Wi-Fi or does he just type stuff? He is so heavily-bearded and poorly clad, that I am a little shocked to see him with such advanced technology - I live in a house with access to razors and I only got my first notebook a couple of months ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment