Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ava - Teetering on the Edge

Our Ava. She is definitely not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, the sharpest knife in the drawer, the tightest screw in the...yeah, you get it.
I know that if I got a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup every time I went to the bathroom where I should, I highly doubt that I would find any motivation at all to go anywhere else, in those places where I did not receive a yummy treat. When Ava receives her little training treat when she goes where she's supposed to, she behaves just like I do when I receive a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (we both jump around and drool), so I have to assume that she absolutely loves them.
What then, creates the impetus for her to want to soil our nice white carpet, ad nauseum? We have been trying so hard to give her every reason not to use the house as her bathroom and we thought she was getting a little better. Well, we thought.
Yesterday morning I came downstairs to find a nice neat gift on our brand new pretty green living room rug. I guess that is an initiation for the rug? Then the carpet cleaners came. We not only had all of the upstairs cleaned, but we sprung for the pet deodorizer and Scotchguard! Last night we watched her like a hawk, but somehow that devious little canine slipped away and peed in our bedroom - the carpet wasn't even dry yet from the cleaning!
Dog burgers, anyone?

1 comment:

Dave said...

Yikes! I know the feeling of having devious little pups...we figure our Coco wouldn't taste very good, so we are going to opt for the Coco hat.