Yesterday was the first day of Alisa spring! I decided some years ago that three weeks into March is too long to wait, so in the best interest of all, I've taken the liberty of moving spring up to March 1. I'm not sure who I can write to ask that this change be made official - the president has the power to change daylight saving time and God created the vernal equinox, but I'm sure that neither will take my suggestion into consideration. Instead, I've decided to just go ahead and do it, you know, kind of a grassroots movement.So, join me if you like. The birds have - they're outside my window this very moment singing praises to the idea!

3 comments:
Good plan, taking the initiative like that. I'm in!
I'm sorry, it just won't work for me. Not when the night temps are still below zero and there is still a good 3 feet of snow on the ground in my backyard. The lakes are frozen, I can't leave the house without coat, hat, gloves and boots, and only the bravest of wild critters are out. No, I'm not a deadbeat or a pessimist. I'm just looking out my window! But you go ahead and enjoy!!
i am all for March 1 being the first day of spring-bring it on!
Post a Comment