Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oooh!

Isn't the expression "gnashing of teeth" just fantastic?

Of course, if you ever get to the point where you do gnash your teeth, I feel sorry for you, but it's still something great to say, nonetheless.

I'm going to be on the look out for an opportunity to use this one.

5 comments:

Dennis said...

You gotta be careful how you use the phrase. Fundamental Christians use it to describe extreme fear of God's wrath; like chattering teeth.

I thnk of teeth gnashing as what you do when you're making that frustrated noise, grrrrhhhh or arggghhhh.

Carol Weiss said...

Your pic was from my favorite book, WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE! Great story and I am going to gnash my teeth right now with my kiddies!

wildmary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wildmary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wildmary said...

If you "gnash your teeth" at night, technically called nocturnal bruxism, you should really wear an occlusal bite splint while you sleep.