Things have been funny for me lately. And not funny ha ha.I am finding myself very homesick. I miss Detroit and all of my family and friends there. It's been hard lately, being out here in Illinois, where I sometimes feel like I am dangling from a thread. On one hand, I've been here long enough that I am not nearly a stranger anymore. I have many friends, a job I like, a wonderful church, and school. But something has been calling me home.
Fourteen years ago I thought it was a great opportunity to move out of suburban Detroit to Chicago. And it was. It took a little while to settle in and get to know the place, but it happened and I grew comfortable. I had Madeleine here and she's never known any other place as home. But sometimes it has been a challenge raising a child without the close support of my peeps close by. And I need that.
Adventure and newness are very exciting. Still, there is something to be said for sticking close to home.

4 comments:
So come back already! We can have a Moritz/OPB reunion every weekend!
I miss you
I have felt the same way for thirty years. I love my home in Northern Michigan and have plenty of friends, neighbors and great co-workers, but it's not the same as having family nearby. When I complain they say move back and we all know it's not that simple. I feel your pain. Every single day.
u miss the "thought" of home....in reality home is where you have those you love surrounding you..u learn to adjust to the physical surrounding you find yourself in and it then becomes "home"....give it some time...it will get better, move forward
Post a Comment